Trans Healthcare: Resources for Educating Providers
- “Creating Equal Access to Quality Health Care for Transgender Patients” — answers many hospital administrators’ questions about transgender patients, shows them how to reduce bias and insensitivity, and addresses key issues such as confidentiality, room assignments, bathroom access, and admitting/registration procedures.
- Dean Spade’s essay “About Purportedly Gendered Body Parts”
- The National Health LGBT Health Education Center The National LGBT Health Education Center provides educational programs and technical assistance to health care organizations nationally and internationally to help them optimize their ability to provide accessible, culturally responsive, high quality, and cost effective care to LGBTQ people.
- The Philadelphia Trans Health Conference - This free conference offers three days of workshops focused on the health and well-being of transgender people and our communities.
- 10 Tips for working with Transgender Individuals (pamphlet for providers)
- Trans Respect/Etiquette/Support 101 by Micah Bazant
- The U.S. Transgender Survey Report
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)